- Mexicans are going to the polls, for all the difference it will make – good coverage at La Jornada.
- COHA has analysis of the election prospects here, though sees far greater differences between the PRI and PAN than I would discern at this point.
- Meanwhile the Televisa scandal won’t go away.
- Jo Tuckman’s book on Mexico, Democracy Interrupted, is reviewed by Professor Alan Knight in the Guardian.
- Protestations that violence is coming under control are undermined by the steady stream of stories such as this: open gun battles between different arms of the state.
- Subject to shareholder approval, Anheuser-Busch has completed its acquisition of the Modelo brewery empire.
- Gio dos Santos has had enough of being Spurs’ forgotten man and will go back to Spain to revive his career.
- Son of Culiacán and one-time New York Met Óliver Pérez is back in the big leagues with the Seattle Mariners.